Friday 2 December 2016

Galatian Warriors

15mm Galatians Warriors for my Successors project. Figures are from the War and Empire range by Forged in Battle. These are not taking long to paint at all, I've started basing another 14 units ranging from Seleucid Elephants, Scythed Chariots, Thureophoroi, Successor Agema, Greek Peltasts, Pikemen and more Romans. So expect lots of 15mm figures to feature throughout December, as well as a little surprise later in the month on the run up to Christmas (if I can get pictures sorted).

These larger bases are designed to represent 'deep' units in To The Strongest, and will work equally well for Hail Caesar. I've never been much of a fan of the standard WRG element bases, finding them too small and fiddly for my liking and making irregular troops look too regimented. I've always admired the dioramas created by Impetus gamers, However, where Impetus bases tend to use fewer figures,  for my own bases I've often chosen to go with lots of figures on a single larger base. I'm happy with the way this base has turned out, could probably get away with fewer figures, but I wanted a dense looking mass of wild charging Galatians. Another thing I like about these larger bases is, due to its size I'm more likely to handle the base rather than the figures when moving, and it'll also make movement quicker as well.

Click on any picture to enlarge








No comments:

Post a Comment