Friday 18 August 2017

Old West Town

I've completed the Old West town I started as a side project. Most of the buildings have been scratch built, they have a cardboard box as the inner core and then simple balsa wood cladding outside. The small outhouse buildings were made from off cuts of balsa wood. These initial buildings were really cheap to make, only a few sheets of balsa and some glue. The bases are cork flooring tile, and all buildings were painted with a combination of 4 tester pots (dark brown, grey, ochre and cream) from a local DIY store. 

The remainder were mdf kits, the 4 complete buildings and the gallows were part of a set bought off eBay from TTCombat, these were painted to match the scratch built buildings. Then there is the building under construction from 4Ground, I wasn't going to attempt scratch building that one! 

There is a mix of gunfighters, all 28mm and from either Knuckleduster or Brigade Games. I have some Foundry models to paint for a little more variety.  

The rules of choice are Dead Mans Hand by Great Escape Games, and I've already had one game with my kids and they loved it, so a big thumbs up! Unfortunately my eldest has inherited my appalling luck at dice, the youngest not so ( a genuine contender for the name 'Dead-Eye'). 

The mat is felt and from S&A Scenics, who do some excellent hand made scenic items.

I think were going to have a lot of fun shootin' it out in Dodge. 
































2 comments:

  1. Atmospheric, beautiful...and useful buildings! The first who does not like these ones will be hung high and short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanking you kindly sir, ain't no naysayers round hereabouts!

      Delete