Wednesday 20 September 2017

Servants of Ra

Something of a departure from my usual stuff, a starter company: The Servants of Ra for the Steam Punk skirmish game In Her Majesty's Name available from NorthStar Miniatures

As usual I'm more than a little late to the party in taking up this game or anything on 'trend'. I've had the miniatures in the lead pile since they were released, and lovely as they are I had no immediate drive to paint them up. Something of a shiny brain purchase! My recent motivation to paint them stems from the establishment of a small local gaming group which will hopefully grow now that we have found a "free" location, yes "free", from small acorns and such.....we will see!

The figures really are a nice little set, lovely castings that paint up a treat. The starter company consists of Professor Abdul Abulbul Abir, described as a fanatical Turkish Egyptologist. It was this character that drew me to this faction as it appealed to my degree in Archaeology and History. Also included is the reincarnated spirit of Akhenaton; the Professors beautiful daughter Sairah, a Mummified Priest and the all important cultists of Akhenaton. I particularly like the cultists which are suitably menacing minions that would grace any pulp genre game.

And so, Akhenaton's plans for world domination begin.....


Click on any picture to enlarge 








No comments:

Post a Comment