Thursday 18 January 2018

Early Saxon Warlord

It's been a while, well what seems like a very long time for me since I last posted, and so a very belated Happy New Year!

To resume posting I thought I'd offer up an Early Saxon Warlord that I've painted up with the intention of leading the invasion forces for SAGA and Dux Britanniarum by Too Fat Lardies. These figures are 28mm from the superb Footsore Miniatures range which are a real pleasure to paint. The flag is from Little Big Man Studios

The traditional New Year reflection has seen me look at my wargaming collection with a critical eye.  Looking back over my blog posts it has become apparent that a number of projects have stuttered and my main interest of 18th Century has suffered. In addition I have started another army as part of a joint project with the newly formed club (more of this in another post). I have come to the conclusion that I may have bitten off more than I can chew, quite a common complaint I hear you say! I have slowly been sorting out and selling off parts of the collection in an attempt to rationalise, some it hasn't even reached the page of the blog! 

One project that I'm contemplating selling off is the Crimean War Russians. I'm still mulling this over. If anyone is interested in acquiring these figures please drop me a line, it might just tip me over the edge!


Click on any picture to enlarge 






4 comments:

  1. A great looking stand, and an impressive banner...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour harmony as usual! The lines are clean on these fellas, well done. I've just bought a humongous amount of Saxons/ Normans for my next project... Are these Musketeer models?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike; I've got some Saxons lurking in a box somewhere, they are lovely figures. Yes, I believe these were previously sold under the Musketeer Miniatures banner, now Footsore Miniatures.

      Delete