Sunday 14 August 2016

Sharp Practice 2 - Peninsular War

Having purchased Sharp Practice 2 by the Too Fat Lardies I remembered that I had stashed away some Foundry British Napoleonics. So I retrieved them and sent off an order to Warlord Games for some Portuguese and French to add to the project. The French include figures to build a force of Polish Vistula Legion, these were added as an after thought as I found a bag of Front Rank Polish lancers.

All of this painted up and added to my GrandManner Spanish Napoleonic buildings that I'm currently working on will give me a nice set for gaming the Peninsular War with Sharp Practice 2.

I think most Wargamers are familiar with Wargames Foundry figures, and these British a peninsular figures are still very nice figures and paint up quickly.
The Portuguese are plastic figures, the first Napoleonics I've bought from Warlord Games and I have to say that they are really nice figures. The assembly is nice and simple, just add backpack and head, one figure per sprue needs an arm adding. I'm not keen on having to spend what I see as painting time assembling plastic figures, far too impatient, but these figures really are quick and easy to put together.

I'm going for a high gloss toy soldier look, these may get sprayed with matt varnish at a later date but for now I'm happy with the look.

So there we have it, the start of another project with lots to come....

The start of another project doesn't mean all my other projects will be neglected, far from it. It's just another one to add into the rotation and keeps my focus up and my painting fresh.

At the moment I'm resisting the urge to buy into Congo by Studio Tomahawk, only time will tell if I succumb.

Click on any picture to enlarge







No comments:

Post a Comment