Wednesday 15 February 2023

Medjay Nubians patrolling the border


New additions to my Bronze Age collection, this time reinforcements for the New Kingdom Egyptians in the form of Medjay Nubian archers. 28mm miniatures from Wargames Foundry, buildings are an eBay find. 

There is some good news on the development of this army, as I've found lurking in a box of unpainted 15mm Italian Wars figures the Wargames Foundry Pharaoh set and a pack of New Kingdom Egyptian Axemen that I was beginning to question whether I had actually purchased! All this despite having organised my unpainted figures into labelled boxes, it seems my best attempts to be organised suffered a minor set back. At least I didn't purchase the miniatures again. I'm still painting the rest of the Mycenaeans, so expect more updates as these two armies progress.


 

  


 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I like your Nubian advancing archers, Meic! The pose in the catalog looks a bit odd to me but your painting makes then look fab. I may have to order some for my Kushite army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. I bought them a very long time ago, not confessing how long; and one of the reasons they remained unpainted was that I wasn't stricken by the pose. However, having painted them, I've also changed my mind. Note:...beer and figure buying to not go hand in hand!

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking toys Meic…
    I personally think that the Foundry Biblical Range is on of the best there is…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, completely agree, excellent miniatures, a joy to paint.

      Delete