Monday 19 January 2015

5th Regiment - AWI British

I'll post each of my AWI British Regiments individually, having just retrieved them from storage following the house move. At some point I will take pictures of the whole army, including the Queen's Rangers (hopefully in action).

The army originally started life being built for Warfare in the Age of Reason rules, with 12 figure units, and following a long time languishing in the cupboard my interest in the American Revolution was reignited when my gaming opponent Peter decided to collect the American army. We decided on using Black Powder rules by Warlord Games, and initially decided on 18 figures for each unit with 6 figures to a base. Eventually I was persuaded to upgrade the standard unit size to 24 figures, and I'm pleased with the results.
The eagle-eyed amoung you will notice that there are in fact only 23 figures in the unit, a little economy taken, which has no adverse effect when playing Black Powder.
The first unit is the 5th Regiment. Figures are 28mm Front Rank Figurines, and the flags are hand painted.

Click on any image to enlarge






No comments:

Post a Comment