Monday 23 March 2020

The Return of the blog

Like many across the globe I am practising self isolating in the face of the coronavirus assault. As a consequence I'm finding myself with more time to myself than usual and consider myself fortunate to have a wonderful hobby that I can throw myself into. So, the paints have re-emerged and I'm back painting.

First the boring bit....The reason why this blog went quiet over the lsat 2 years is that I returned to university to retrain as a Mental Health Nurse. I will be maintaining my Mental Health by studying and painting. At the moment I have no official knowledge of whether I will be required to join the workforce early, but like all student nurses our thoughts are with our amazing colleagues who are battling this virus.

My current plans for painting are:

DBA 3.0 armies, I recently purchased Mountain Indian and Ottoman Turks. I haven't played DBA for longer than I can remember, but it has seen a resurgence in my local club and is suitable for mini campaigns. So in preparation for the club reopening once this current situation is over I'm painting up these two armies. I'll also be digging through my lead pile and seeing if I can cobble together any other armies.

Gangs of Rome, figures and buildings to paint, presents to get ready for use once I have opponents that can visit.

Mortal Gods, finish the starter set.

I also recently purchased some of the wonderful Crucible Crush figures for Flint and Feather and these amazing sculpts are on the schedule.

I can't give an order for painting, things may change as I find something I fancy painting in a box....all I can say is stay tuned there may be some surprises.

To all who read this blog, take care and stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment