Friday 27 March 2020

Mortal Gods




First proper (painted miniatures to show) post since the return of the blog.

I've finally managed to paint up the Mortal Gods starter set from Footsore Miniatures, the figures in the set are plastics from Victrix Limited. As can be seen this starter set is great value for money, you get everything needed to start playing; I especially like the measuring sticks (on other blogs I've seen these painted nicely something I might revisit).

The figures were painted using Foundry paints, and the shield transfers are from Victrix (ones I bought years ago in a sale).

The game system is similar to Test of Honour also by Footsore, and is a game that I've enjoyed playing so didn't see any risk in purchasing this set. I'll post some pictures of my Test of Honour figures as I'm aware that I have some painted figures that haven't yet made it onto the blog due to constraints on my time.

Caution: Now might not be the time to tell wives and partners that the lead and plastic mountain was justified preparation for a worldwide pandemic!

Stay Safe


Click on any picture to enlarge











7 comments:

  1. Some nice looking toys Meic...

    I have not got a copy of Mortal Gods... yet.... but I have heard and read good things about it...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, bought on the back of really enjoying Test of Honour. Apologies for the late reply....my account has been playing up!

      Cheers

      Meic

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful figures here, great job and outstanding details!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, sorry for the late reply....real life has got in the way.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks John, apologies for the late reply, I've been otherwise occupied. The blog is now back!

      Delete