Saturday 31 October 2020

Flint and Feather Contact

I've found that over the last few years my focus for 28mm wargaming has gravitated towards skirmish sized games. That's not to say that I don't like a large scale battle in all its glory, far from it; but maybe this shift is a consequence of available time and space. One such game in my current collection that fits into the skirmish genre is Flint and Feather by Crucible Crush, the pre-conquest game set in North America. As mentioned in a previous post the figures that accompany the game are lovely sculpts and were a pleasure to paint. I've also recently obtained a copy of Champlain's Dream by David Hackett Fischer which is next up on my reading list. It seems that fate had guided that purchase when I heard that Crucible Crush were planning an expansion to the Flint and Feather gaming world with the introduction of Europeans. Flint and Feather Contact has just stated on Kickstarter and has already been successfully funded. Once again the figures sculpted by talented Bob Murch are stunning, and I'm sure will find their way into being fielded in many other games as well. To say that I'm excited about this Kickstarter would be an understatement, and I will be thinking of gaming possibilities when reading Champlain's Dream

Other gaming developments that have captured my imagination is the release of Infamy Infamy by Too Fat Lardies and the latest SAGA Universe, Hannibal. Both of these games have figures painted ready to go and just require rebasing. There will be more added to each game, especially Carthaginians for SAGA. More on the development of those projects will follow. Currently I'm finishing off a 15mm Parthian army, and will post pictures once complete. I'm looking forward to getting this one on the gaming table. 





No comments:

Post a Comment