Friday 22 April 2022

Blog is back



Return of the Blog......again!

Firstly, apologies to anyone who posted comments while this blog has been inactive, real life remains busy with little time for hobby interests, but hopefully I'm in a better position to hopefully pick up my brushes productively and produce some posts.

What to expect for 2022 and the return of the blog....

Currently painting 28mm Sea Peoples with plans to dig deep into the lead pile and paint up Mycenaen/Minoan, New Kingdom Egyptian and Hittite armies. The bulk of these have languished for far too long in storage and over Christmas I had a sudden urge to paint them up. I'm getting close to being able to start basing the first of the Sea Peoples.

Other things I've been painting are Persians for Mortal Gods. Planning on expanding my collection with Thracians also in the mix and Mortal Gods Mythic. I've also purchased the Roman Fighting Ship from Sarissa Precision, this will see service in Gangs of Rome, SAGA ands Mortal Gods (as a Greek Trireme).

18mm Italian Wars is another project resurrected from the lead pile. Figures are from Alternative Armies and Venexia (now available from Lancashire Games)

There are other plans but I'll keep those quiet for now and see how the Biblical project goes.

Below are some pictures of the last game I played earlier this year, SAGA Hannibal. The Celts are from the collection of my friend Peter D, the Carthaginians are mine. I'll post better pictures in another post. The result was a resounding victory for the Carthaginians. 

Click on any picture to enlarge









2 comments:

  1. You’ve certainly been busy Meic…
    It’s good to have you back…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aly, been a challenging few years. Hoping to wear my brushes out and get some gaming in now that things are settling down.

    Cheers

    Meic

    ReplyDelete