Sunday 24 April 2022

Sea Peoples - Ox Carts


The Sea People Army is well under way and the first units are complete and based. The army includes models from Wargames Foundry, Miniature Design Studio, Cutting Edge Miniatures (Warlord) and Newline Designs. The Wargames Foundry biblical figures are some of my favourites of all time, and I absolutely loved painting the Sea People. The Miniature Design Studio figures, I believe are now sold by Caliver Books are  lovely figures and I think don't look out of place with the Foundry figures. These two account for the bulk of the army and the foot figures. I chose the lovely Cutting Edge chariots, however I wouldn't include the foot figures in the army as they are noticeably smaller in size and I feel they will look out of place amongst the others. Which is a shame because they really are beautiful sculpts. My Hittite army which is on the list is mostly Cutting Edge Miniatures, with a few Miniature Design Studios

First up are Ox Carts, these are lovely models from Newline Designs and I can thoroughly recommend looking them up if you haven't already. The carts need a little modelling with green stuff or similar to fill the gaps (see photos), but nothing major and easily within my very basic skill level. Once assembled they paint up really well and I'm very pleased with the finished models. 

Assembled Ox Carts prior to filing with greenstuff. 



Painted Ox Carts



2 comments:

  1. These are looking really good Meic…
    I am always tempted by the idea of doing Biblicals…
    There are so many interesting armies…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aly, speed painting, I'm on a mission to get figures painted and playing. These have sat for years in the lead pile, it was getting embarrassing.

    Cheers

    Meic

    ReplyDelete