Thursday 7 May 2015

15mm Successors

Firstly apologies for the poor quality pictures, taken in haste (but will hopefully convey my intentions).

After staring at some piles of lead (I decided to make a start on my 15mm Successor project). The figures are from the recent Westwind Productions Kickstarter (Forged in Battle, War and Empire Ancients), and I got enough to build two large Successor armies - Seleucid and Ptolemaic.

I am really pleased with these figures and if Ancients is your thing then I can recommend taking a look, they have recently been added to the web site, and I now believe have been officially released. I will see I can find some Essex figures and do a size comparison.

Faced with the prospect of painting all these figures (plus my other projects, I like to mix things up), I decided that I need a quick painting solution to get them on the table. So I set about testing one figure - a Thureophoroi from pack WE-MH08.
Basic speed painting was the order - so white undercoat, flat light colours, Army Painter Ink (Strong Tone), highlight shield, and metals - done. I think they'll pass muster en masse, and certainly better than left languishing in the box. Now the next challenge is to knock out a unit of 12, and then crack on. I'll fit these in around my 28mm painting as the mood takes me.

I intended to base them on Impetus size basing (roughly), and my rules of choice will be Hail Caesar.

Click on any picture to enlarge








No comments:

Post a Comment