After staring at some piles of lead (I decided to make a start on my 15mm Successor project). The figures are from the recent Westwind Productions Kickstarter (Forged in Battle, War and Empire Ancients), and I got enough to build two large Successor armies - Seleucid and Ptolemaic.
I am really pleased with these figures and if Ancients is your thing then I can recommend taking a look, they have recently been added to the web site, and I now believe have been officially released. I will see I can find some Essex figures and do a size comparison.
Faced with the prospect of painting all these figures (plus my other projects, I like to mix things up), I decided that I need a quick painting solution to get them on the table. So I set about testing one figure - a Thureophoroi from pack WE-MH08.
Basic speed painting was the order - so white undercoat, flat light colours, Army Painter Ink (Strong Tone), highlight shield, and metals - done. I think they'll pass muster en masse, and certainly better than left languishing in the box. Now the next challenge is to knock out a unit of 12, and then crack on. I'll fit these in around my 28mm painting as the mood takes me.
I intended to base them on Impetus size basing (roughly), and my rules of choice will be Hail Caesar.
Click on any picture to enlarge