Friday 19 February 2016

GrandManner Connewitz House

Recently finished my second GrandManner building, this time the Connewitz House from the 28mm Napoleonic Europe range for my 1866 project. I have another two buildings to complete for this particular set.

It's a lovely model and suprisingly easy to paint up. I started by painting the wooden frame work first in Foundry Bay Brown, Army Painter Strong Tone ink, then dry brushed with the Foundry Bay Brown set. Then I painted the daub with Foundry Canvas, the outer edges in the lightest shade. The thatch was painted with Foundry Ochre, given a wash with Army Painter Strong Tone ink, then dry brushed with the Foundry Ochre set. The stones were painted in various colours from the Foundry Paint set. The window panes were painted with Vallajo Prussian blue. I also used Foundry Gun Metal and Conker Brown.

I'm pleased at the way it's turned out, particularly the flowers which I painted by dabbing different colours and shades on whilst the others were still wet.

Click on any picture to enlarge











No comments:

Post a Comment