Monday 27 November 2017

AWI British infantry skirmishing

Been a while since my last post, I return with something new and hopefully something improved. The new is the beginning of rebuilding my AWI collection. I was initially going to start with the Royal Welch but I had these six figures already undercoated sitting on the side, so they are first up. The figures are 28mm Perry Miniatures British infantry skirmishing. 

The something improved is with reference to my new light box. Finally conceding defeat to the fading winter light I have invested in a basic light box. I'm hoping that this gives me the freedom to take photos when I have spare time available rather than leave it to chance; as well as improving my photographs. At least my light will be consistent, even if my photographic skills aren't!

Click on any picture to enlarge 














4 comments:

  1. Nice looking figures (lovely hat, isn't it?) and nice photos as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, quite pleased with how the light box has turned out, very much appreciated. I've always like the AWI uniforms.

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking toys...
    One of the best purchases I have ever made was my light box...
    The best thing-in my opinion- is the consistency of the lightening...it’s made taking pictures a lot more fun...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, I agree I fail to understand why I didn't get a light box earlier, huge difference in photo quality, consistency of lighting and probably most importantly not having wait for a reasonably sunny day!!! Thank you for the kind comments on the toys, very much appreciated.

      Delete