Thursday 30 November 2017

French Indian War

I've found my French Indian War project started many years ago and abandoned. They were intended for use with Muskets and Tomahawks, but only the French forces were started. I've a similar number of British and an Indian war party to paint as well which can be used on their own or added to the French or British as allies. I also found the buildings that I'd started work on, these need a little work to finish off but are pretty near complete.

The figures are 28mm Crusader Miniatures. This small force gives 2 groups of 12 line and one group of 10 Grenadier.

 Click on any picture to enlarge

















6 comments:

  1. Lovely uniform and great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So will you be using them for Muskets and Tomahawks still?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, yes the plan is still to use Muskets and Tomahawks. If I expand the collection I might use Sharp Practice 2.

      Delete
  3. Just found this post, and the minis look wonderful. As someone who also has some French regulars to paint for FIW, can you offer any advice for painting white uniforms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, apologies for the delay in replying, struck down with the lurgy. Thank you for your kind comments.

      I have 2 approaches to painting whites. The first (used on the FIW figures) is by layering the Foundry Arctic White triad Undercoat can be anything, black, dark grey or light grey. Use Vallejo undercoat. The second approach is for softer whites, I tend to use this for ancients etc. Any undercoat colour, but using brown can cut a corner if you wanted. I use Foundry Canvas triad, also Vallejo browns such as beige brown, and off white. It all depends on the final look you're after.

      Hope that helps.

      Cheers

      Meic

      Delete