Tuesday 28 June 2022

Anglo-Zulu War Wagon



While I'm working on my Bronze Age project, I'll be adding posts from projects that I worked on while the Blog wasn't active. I've added quite a bit of stuff to my Anglo-Zulu War collection, and despite this it still isn't complete. The reason being is that this was always seen as a slow burner project, one that I'd continue to add to as games developed. 

 

This is the first wagon for the collection, and I decided to go with metal rather than the mdf offerings, purely because I preferred the look of the metal models at the time. The wagon model and oxen shown is the colonial supply wagon from 1st Corps and can be found listed under their Cape Frontier Wars range on their website. The crew are from Colonel Bills Wargames Depot found under their Depot Battalion section. I can thoroughly recommend having a look at Colonel Bills for some useful additions. The only minor issue I had was that it wasn't possible to fit the driver and passenger next to each other on the 1st Corps model, these miniatures are pictured sitting together on the mdf wagons that they sell. This wasn't an issue for me, as I quite like the look of the soldier lounging in the back of the empty wagon, maybe a certain Private Hook! I might look at adding mdf carts in future or see what other options are available for crew. 





2 comments: