Saturday 2 July 2022

Mycenaean Archers

Mycenaean archers 28mm miniatures from Wargames Foundry. I have some Newline Design archers that I'm currently working on, these are being painted alongside the Newline Spearmen. 

I'm hoping to get back into the painting seat soon and start churning out units. In the meantime I've been looking through the lead pile and thinking about future projects once the Bronze Age one is completed. There are some strong contenders for next up project wise, but I won't spill the beans yet as I'm likely to change my mind. The only thing I'll say is that there are two 15mm contenders and at least one 28mm project gnawing away at my brain. The final decision will most likely be strongly influenced by what I'm reading at the time. 

One task that I need to do sooner rather than later is the reorganising and rebasing of my 28mm Wars of the Roses army. One of my opponents has reluctantly had to sell his Wars of the Roses army, and this has led me to rethink my army. I'm not wanting to paint an opposing force, so I'm going to look at splitting my existing army into two and possibly repaint some of the liveries. The armies will then be based for DBA and Basic Impetus. Though I'm also mulling over Bloody Barons, which might avoid the dreaded rebasing? I have a bit of thinking to do. 





6 comments:

  1. Lovely archers...and impressive close ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! I await what is next on your project plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, I'm mulling over a few projects, all figures will come from the existing pile. Bronze Age first, New Kingdom Egyptians next up.

      Delete
  3. Nice work Meice…
    I really need to get some of these for my own stalled Bronze Age project…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, go on you know you want to return to the Bronze Age!

      Delete