Wednesday 6 July 2022

DBA 3/II/2 Mountain Indian


First of the new DBA 3.0 armies that I'm collecting. DBA II/2 Mountain Indian 500–170BC, figures are 15mm from Essex Miniatures and are a ready-made DBA 3.0 set. DBA has seen a resurgence in my local club, so I’m going to be looking at painting up a few armies to get some games in. 


It's years since I've painted Essex Miniatures and I feel that the figures still look good after all these years. Nice clean casting and easy to paint up. I confess to being tad lazy when buying figures and am often swayed by ready-made packs, one less thing for me to do. Essex Miniatures also provide all the options needed in the DBA 3.0 list, extremely convenient.

 

The army is composed of a General who can fight mounted on an Elephant or as Light Horse, 2 elements of Light Horse, 4 elements of spearmen (3 Pk), 2 elements of archers (Ps), and an option of 3 more elements of 2 archers or mercenary javelinmen (4 Ax). Terrain will be Hilly, I think it should be an interesting army to play, I certainly think it looks pretty!





LH General option on the left with barding on the horse 

General on Elephant





Spearmen

Mercenary Auxilia

Mercenary Auxilia with Archers behind 








2 comments:

  1. Superb army, espicially the elephant and the mercenaries imho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I really enjoyed painting these.

      Delete