Saturday 13 August 2022

Hobby News

I'm often late to the party and this can be illustrated by my finally getting my hands on a copy of Commands and Colours as a present for my Birthday. I've always wanted to play this system, so it was a very welcome present. I'm contemplating adding 6mm figures instead of the blocks. 

Also arrived yesterday hot off the press is Lion Rampant version 2, I'm also looking forward to giving this a got one of my friends is a keen fan of these rules. Arriving at the same time was a set of wargaming rules for knights at tournament, Steel and Steed, which I picked up for the princely sum of £1 from the Northstar bargain basement. I'm planning on doing this in 15mm as I have some figures in the lead pile I can use, it also fits into my club portable game remit and should fit on a 2ft x 2ft board; ideal for those winter nights when I don't want to carry much. 

I've also included a shot of painted figures being based, these include the Mycenaean spearmen and archers, some 15mm Italian Wars and some skeletons for Mortal Gods Mythic.






4 comments:

  1. Lion Rampant is an excellent game Meic…
    And the second edition is a lovely looking book.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, I like having a hard back book as well. I loved the first version and have plans for future games using the released supplements.

      Cheers

      Meic

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Jonathan, I've been wanting to play this game for a very long time, and have enjoyed your blog posts on CCA.

      Cheers
      Meic

      Delete