Sunday 16 October 2022

What's been happening this week and The Other Partizan


League of Augsburg 

Last Sunday I attended The Other Partizan, the room was full of wonderful games and the show seemed well attended. On arrival a bacon bap was ordered and after consuming said bap the first circuit of the room was begun. I only took a few photos, not my usual number. I did spend time chatting to a few people but not as many as I would have liked as I felt a little under the weather, all symptoms associated   with a long term condition, which should be eased following my regular treatment tomorrow and energy boosting B12 injection due Wednesday. Brushes will be out with a vengeance then! Regarding The Other Partizan, The Shrewsbury Wargames Society, were very welcoming and as I live not too far away extended an open invitation to pop over for a game. Their game won best game at show with an alternative history to the outcome of 1066, featuring a clash between Normans and Vikings using Lion Rampant 2. I also had equally pleasant chats with Barry Hilton of the League of Augsburg who was present with another stunning display, and Ken of Yarkshire Gamer renown. There was a little "Get thee behind me" moment in the conversation with Barry Hilton as he touched upon future plans for the Warfare Miniatures range of figures, as if the Ottomans on display were not  temptation enough! Conversation with Ken left me with the impression that I should reconsider 10mm after discussing his stunning work with the Pendraken 10mm WSS range. I have dabbled slightly in 10mm but decided to park them as I found they were taking too long for me to paint, I think I need to be a little kinder to the scale and give myself time to adjust.  I managed a little light painting this week making a start on the 28mm New Kingdom Egyptians. The Yarkshire Gamer podcast was the background for my session, a thoroughly enjoyable wargames chat, and highly recommended to anyone who hasn't listened in yet. That brings us to the goodies from The Other Partizan. I've provided a new home for some unpainted 18mm Seven Years War figures and some 28mm New Kingdom Egyptian Archers from Colonel Bill, these were supplemented with a few more Seven Years War figures from Eureka Miniatures and the Blue Moon range sold by Old Glory UK, though the pickings were slim as their stock had been decimated prior to the show. A visit to Warbases completed the purchases, more bases, a bridge and a set of their new fields (I've been thinking DBA terrain and easy transportation to the club). 

Despite managing a little painting the week has mostly been one of rest.

League of Augsburg









I'm ashamed I can't remember



Strength and Honour Game


Warbases Fields with 15mm figures on 40mm x 20mm bases for scale

4 comments:

  1. Superb show photos! Hope you feel better soon and attacking vigorously with brush in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, I'm back and firing on all cylinders.

      Cheers

      Meic

      Delete
  2. Some nice pictures there Meic…
    It was indeed a good show.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, it was good to make a show, it's been a very long time.

      Cheers
      Meic

      Delete