Wednesday 26 October 2022

Huns

Firstly, I'm having problems with the blog, in that it wouldn't let me reply to comments or make comments on other blogs that I follow (which has been very frustrating!). Also it appears that comments made on blog posts haven't been showing up until several days from posting have passed. I've managed to change my settings to permit me to respond to comments made on my blog, so apologies to Aly and Jonathan for not accepting or replying sooner. But I still can't comment on other blogs. I haven't got the spare time to figure out what has happened and how to fix it this week, but I'm on annual leave next week so hopefully will be able to return to normality. The whole thing seems to have happened randomly, I'm quite perplexed to say the least.

On the wargaming front my reading list is getting ever longer and time more limited, but I've picked up the Osprey Combat series on Hunnic Warrior versus Late Roman Cavalryman. This will be my easy reading tomorrow, going from reviews and a quick flick through this looks a decent offering from Osprey. I've also got my hands on a copy of Wargaming Campaigns by Henry Hyde which I've has just arrived as I write this post. I'm really looking forward to  reading this latest offering as I thoroughly enjoyed The Wargaming Compendium, so much so that I have it on Kindle as well as hardback! 

Returning to the Huns, I bought this book as I'm working on a 15mm Hun army. Currently on the painting table are some 15mm Huns and Frankish foot and some 28mm Kushite/Nubian archers for the New Kingdom Egyptians. I need to get my basing table sorted out, so I can finish off flocking and tufting the Mycenaean Spearmen, and get them photographed and on the blog. I also plan to sort out my 28mm Wars of the Roses army and see what my options are for splitting and rebasing to get two small armies out, maybe for Lion Rampant. So break time in work this weekend will be mostly planning what to do hobby wise next week when I'm off.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get your commenting issues sorted. I would enjoy seeing your looking in on my blog. Of late, I have seen more blogger comments dumping into my SPAM folder. I need to check that folder regularly and pull out the legitimate responses. Oddly enough, I rarely get any SPAM comments.

    After you digest Hyde's latest, will you be offering up a review?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. I'll be dedicating some time this week to sorting out the issues I'm having, it's very frustrating. It might be a while before I finish the Campaign book, it is a mighty tome, its not something I planned but I'll certainly give some thoughts in a post once I've read it. I have been looking in on your blog, but I can comment....it's been driving me crazy! Especially as I'm looking to embark on the Seven Years War, your blog is a wonderful place to visit.

      Cheers Meic

      Delete
  2. I may have to pick that book up…as I have just acquired a bunch of late Romans and a few Huns…
    28mm as opposed to 15’s…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bits I've read on my breaks are good. I have some 28mm as well but decided to go 15mm for larger games. The Footsore and Aventine Huns are lovely figures if you haven't got them already. Love your recent posts, just can't comment at the moment.....

      Cheers Meic

      Delete