Thursday 7 January 2016

Seleucids


I've had a rethink over my 15mm ancients project and decided to go with smaller bases than originally intended and in line with WRG standards of a 40mm frontage. I may still base some units on 80mm frontage as I have a lot of figures stockpiled. The reason for this is that I've been thinking of the types of games I want to play, and I thought DBA would be a good introduction to ancients gaming for my children. I also intend to play Hail Caesar and have a go at To The Strongest.

The armies chosen for this project are Seleucid and Ptolemaic Successors. The figures are from the War and Empire range sold under the Forged in Battle banner by WestWind, lovely miniatures and easy to paint up. I've used Foundry Paints and the usual Army Painter Strong Tone Ink.

The first units are for the Seleucids, and are from packs WE-MH02 Successor Aegema Armoured Cavalry, WE-MH06 Successor Asiatic Phalangites marching, WE-MS01 Later Selecid Cataphract Cavalry, and WE-GL09 Later Greek, Cretan and Rhodians. The shield transfers on the Phalangites are by Little Big Man Studios.

I've found painting some smaller scale figures a pleasant diversion from the usual 28mm, it'll be interesting to see how far I can progress through the 15mm lead pile during 2016.

Click on any picture to enlarge





















2 comments:

  1. Impressive and great looking army, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, lots more to come when I get in the mood.

      Delete