Thursday 15 December 2016

Napoleonic French 16th Legere 1811

The first of the new category and the December surprise. I recently had the opportunity to acquire some Bob Marrion Original watercolours from Charles S Grant who was selling them on behalf of Bob's widow. I'm sure many of you are aware of the stunning illustrations by the amazingly talented Bob Marrion that have adorned many wargames related publications over the years; and I hope that by placing them here on my blog those who have not seen these paintings before will take pleasure from them as I do. This was an opportunity that I couldn't let pass and I feel quite privileged to be able to add them to my collection; they will certainly be treasured. So, without further ado I'll start with the first painting...

Napoleonic French Sgt Major, 16th Legere Spain 1811 (Albuera)


Click any picture to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment