Thursday 5 November 2015

Gates of Antares

Pre-order box set for the Gates of Antares 'The Xilos Horizon', the much anticipated new offering from Warlord Games has landed.





The starter box set is great value, crammed with the high quality production that we've come to expect these days. First up I have to confess that I'm not much of a plastics fan, I tend to find the assembly process a bit of a chore, that said the quality of the plastic components in the starter set is exceptional and I have to suspend my beliefs particularly where the Ghar is concerned. These battle suited models are superb, and I found them enjoyable to build. So much so I will certainly be getting some more to see what I can do with them from a modelling perspective. All in all though the assembly process isn't too onerous as there are only 20 concord troopers, 6 Ghar and 4 drones that need building. This impatient painter can then get to work!

So, I have set myself a target of 2 weeks to get this starter set assembled and painted ready for battle.


No comments:

Post a Comment