When playing Black Powder one thing that you need is a way to keep track of casualties.
Initially I used plastic counters then dice. However I found that the table was becoming cluttered and I picked the wrong dice up! It was then that I saw these counters from Warbases.
At first I made some for my AWI British, then rather than permanently fix a figure to base, I used magnetic basing to create a generic set of markers and just add the required casualty models for the army that I'm using (more examples later when I get my figures out of storage).
These examples have had the numbers painted in (easier than it looks to be honest) and then the surface finished with sand and painted and highlighted with Foundry Sand 10 (A, B and C). The casualty figures are from Front Rank Figurines.