Monday 6 October 2014

Derby World Wargames 2014

First of all I have to say that the Derby Wargames show has always been one of my favourites, and this hasn't diminished with the many changes of venue of the years. It was a good day out, and even though I was slightly under the weather I enjoyed catching up with many familiar faces.

I would also like to mention a big thank you to the Derby Wargames Associates who hosted the show, and those who put on demonstration and participation games. Your efforts are very much appreciated from this wargames corner.

I managed to pick up some 28mm Hessians (Perry Miniatures) from Dave Thomas to reinforce my AWI British. Also some 15/18mm Blue Moon Seven Years War Russians from Old Glory (more of these soon...)

Some pictures, I will post more tomorrow. I didn't photograph all of the games, and this was entirely my fault and not to be taken as a reflection of the standard of games on show; I will take more at the next show I attend, but here is a taster of the Saturday...



 

Stoke on Trent Wargames Group, the Battle of Kunersdorf, 1759


The Prussians fight a joint Russian and Austrian force








 
 
Old DWA, Relief of Fort St.John
Can the British force arrive before the French and Indians









No comments:

Post a Comment