Friday 4 November 2016

1866 Austrian Dragoons

More additions to my 1866 project, these are 28mm Austrian Dragoons and an Austrian Officer from NorthStar 1866 range. l did have a slight mishap when assembling these miniatures as one sword arm  miraculously disappeared from the table in front of me during assembly (I suspect I was overly enthusiastic when tidying up). All was not lost though as I found a plastic sword arm from Warlord Games ECW cavalry was a decent fit (see if you can spot the replacement, there is one telltale sign, but I'm not telling). The flag is from Warflag.

This project should be drawing to a close soon, I've completed the Prussian Jäger, I'll need to add some more Austrian artillery but I think that will do for now...!

All in all I've really enjoyed painting these miniatures, there will be more 19th century projects, and I suspect this one will be added to as well...but not just yet.


Click on any picture to enlarge













2 comments:

  1. Nicely done, the officer's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil, had to paint a grey old school style. More 19th century goodness to come in the next project.

    ReplyDelete