Friday 11 December 2015

ECW collection

The rebuilding of my ECW collection has been a slow burning project that I've had on the go for a number of years. The current collection includes 28mm figures from a number of manufacturers ranging from Warlord Games, Wargames Foundry, Perry Miniatures, Front Rank Figurines, Essex Miniatures, Dixon Miniatures and even some figures I cannot identify the manufacturer for that were bought off eBay.

The pictures show both Royalist and Parliamentarian units, the reason for this is that my original collection was based on the Royalist army, however once of my gaming friends collects Royalists so I have been in the process of adding some Parliamentarian units. The Scots are also good as a standalone force or allies for either King or Parliment.

I've always had a soft spot for this period, and have amassed enough minaitures to build substantial armies for King, Parliament, Covenant and Montrose, so hopefully lots more to show on the blog over time.

Rules that I use range from 1644, Warhammer ECW and Pike and Shotte.

Click on any picture to enlarge






















The flag on this unit has been shaped, then left to dry so it can be removed from the unit if wanted and switched for an alternative. Part of the beauty of this period.




2 comments: