Monday 21 December 2015

WSS French Cavalry Regiment La Fontaine

The first of my WSS French Cavalry, 2 squadrons of the Regiment La Fontaine.

I chose to paint this regiment as it was present at the battles of Blenheim (1704), Ramilles (1706)  and Oudenaarde (1708).
From 1704 the Regiment was under the command of Nicholas, comte de La Fontaine. I therefore chose to use the La Fontaine arms and speculated on the livery colors of green and white for the musician.

The figures are 28mm Front Rank Figurines, the flag is hand painted and based upon reference material taken from Robert Hall, Giancarlo Boeri and Yves Roumegoux (Standards and Uniforms of the French Cavalry under Louis XIV, 1688-1714, published by the Pike and Shot Society). I can highly recommend the Pike and Shot Society publications for anyone interested in this period, in my opinion an invaluable source of information.

The buildings were from POP Enterprises. The squadrons are based on 75mm x 60mm mdf bases (from Warbases) for Beneath the Lily Banners, though I will also be using Black Powder.  

Click on any picture to enlarge
















No comments:

Post a Comment