Sunday 15 May 2022

Painting Station



The writing bureau painting station unveiled. I used to have one many years ago, but it somehow became discarded, how that happened my memory fails me, but I now have another paint station. The tattered old leather surface was removed and replaced with a self-healing cutting mat, only £5 from The Works. I still need to stain the exposed wood either side of the new mat to tidy up the surface (I'm just keen to show my new hobby addition). There is a neat little drawer in the centre that I'm using to store tools. There are two deep drawers that I've used to house my Foundry paints, this gets them out of box files and keeps them all in one location, no more searching for a restock pot I thought I'd bought! I've still to work on identification of colours in the drawers, I might end up reordering them into groups of similar colours, all browns together, all blues etc...

 

Sneak peak work in progress... the figures on the station are Foundry Mycenaeans that have just been varnished, two Gorgons from Footsore Miniatures and Gripping Beast Republican Roman Command that need repainting to complete my SAGA force. 

 

All in all, this desk allows me to keep working on my painting projects and provides a tidy solution that doesn't look out of place when closed.



6 comments:

  1. A nice little desk Meic…
    And a lot tidier than mine ever is…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, I needed a tidier solution to my painting as I do tend to sprawl...only time will tell of the desk can contain my habits!

      Delete